Saturday, January 28, 2012

Goodbyes

This week has been an emotional one as we sent off one of our own. Elder Matthew Sidney Edwards left for the MTC on wednesday and we couldn't be more proud of him. We tried to squeeze in every last second we could before he left and I can't help but feel it wasn't enough. We had a sleepover on tuesday night and stayed up til almost 2 am helping our elder pack, nothing like last minute packing. It was weird to see how little he would be taking considering he'd be gone for two years and I just kept thinking that we were missing something because if it were me I'm sure I'd have like 20 bags..Anyways wednesday morning came and went way too fast and I wasn't ready to say goodbye, well turns out we didn't get to say goodbye (long story) but the point is we all felt cheated and bawled our eyes out. Well yesterday we got our first email and I've never been so excited, it was short but it brought so much comfort to us that our elder was doing so well, you can read it here. We are going to miss him so so much but could'nt be more excited for the amazing journey he is going to experience. Love you Matt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment