Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My First Calling

So I forgot to mention the other day when I finally updated my blog that this past sunday I got my first calling. At about 12 o'clock that day I got a phone call from a strange number, and well I hate answering calls from numbers I don't know..so..I didn't answer. They proceeded to leave a message saying that one of our counselors wanted to meet with me a few minutes before church. My first thought was that they were going to ask me to speak but usually they will just call you about stuff like that and then my mom informed me..they are probably going to give you a calling. I was some what nervous because I've never had a calling before and wasn't sure if I could live up to the ridiculously high standards that my new ward seems to have (it's true they expect more out of each member in that ward than any ward I've been to, not that it's a bad thing just a little intimidating). So I go into church and sit patiently waiting for Brother Shmidt to come get me, and sure enough I got a calling. To my relief however it's quite a simple one, I was called to be co-chair on the fellowship committee, which to my understanding invovles holding the new member meeting every other week after relief society/priesthood. The girl that I'm replacing is really cute and showed me everything I needed to know, and she says that she usually bakes a treat but I didn't have to..hello!..that's probably going to be my favorite part I need all the practice I can get and treats are perfect for saying WELCOME we're so glad that you are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment